Saturday 15 December 2007

Heigh Ho!

OK - my new year's resolution is not to moan or gripe, or whinge on my blog. It's a bad, bad habit which I should really stop!

On a completely different note, today I've been getting in the christmas spirit.
I've been making mince pies from scratch - pastry is really just fat and flour, so I surprised myself just how quickly I got baking. However, (after dad told me he hated deep filled mince pies) I made the mistake of over filling the pies, so that when they came out, the edges were covered in a sticky, bubbling tar of mixture. And the stickiness was bloody hot, and I burnt my fingers while I was trying to prise the crumbling pastry out of the tray.

Although I'm still optimistic - bit of icing sugar sprinkled over the top, and they'll be fineeeeeeeeee.
(I hope.)

No comments: