Monday 27 August 2007

Blog

Blimey, I've just realised that I haven't blogged in ages. So much has happened in the last three weeks that my head is only just catching up. For the first fortnight I was on hols - so I have loads to write about that, and I want to start adding my photos to my blog (I've been too scared to before because I have had a bad experience with someone taking my photos) but I want to find that little bit of html that stops you from pulling a picture off the page. If anyone could point it out to me, then that would be great:)

2 comments:

Badger said...

There is some code for that but it wont help as if someone wants it then they can just take a screengrab anyway. There are billions and billions of pics on the web, just make sure they are web quality not print quality when you upload them.

If someone wanted to use my photo I would be flattered, unless one day I class myself as a "professional photographer" and they are robbing my livelihood then I don't really mind. And then I would just get around it by putting a watermark on them in Photoshop.

Badger x

Stray said...

Isn't the whole spirit of blogging about sharing?

Put your photos on Flikr with a creative commons license ... or just copy the text to your blog.

As badger said there are some snippets of code but they won't really work. Someone can just look in your code (using view source) and go direct to the image anyway.

I have to say, I don't really believe in aggressive copyrighting, but as it's your work you do have a right to protect it.

Meanwhile, here are some questions that might be food for thought:

When you take a photo do you make sure to check with the people who own the buildings / cars in the picture? If there are people in the shot do you have their written permission? If there are animals have you checked with the owners and paid any modelling fees that might be asked for?

As Badger said, watermarking is a good get-around.

Sx